You can learn more about the cookies used by our websites and change your cookie selections by clicking on the website’s Cookie Settings link or via the cookie settings icon (“Cookie Settings”) at the bottom of our websites at any time. Depending on the content and layout of a specific website you will see and be able to click one or the other.
1. General information
2. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small set of code, generally identified by a name, that may be sent to your browser by a website that distinguishes you from other website visitors. Your browser will retain it for a certain period of time and will send it back to the website each time you return to it. Cookies have multiple uses. Examples of how they may be used include saving your username on a website where you have registered, saving your language settings (as may be applicable depending upon your location and preferences), tracking your browsing activities for statistical analytics or providing content that is of interest to you.
3. What types of cookies do our websites use and how long are they retained?
There are various types of cookies that may be used by any Incyte website as shown below. Cookies can be “first-party,” meaning they are set by us. Cookies may also be placed on your device by another entity, and these are called “third-party” cookies.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the websites to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for Services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not work. These cookies do not store any personal information.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our websites. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the websites. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our websites and will not be able to monitor their performance.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable our websites to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose Services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these Services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set on some of our websites by third parties such as internet search engines, social media services and/or advertisers, and, if applicable to any website, these cookies will be listed in the respective website’s Cookie Settings. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other websites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience advertising that is less targeted. Social media cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to some websites to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other websites and building a profile of your interests. This may impact the content, suggestions, and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies, you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
4. How can I configure cookies?
You may withdraw your consent to the use of any cookies (except for strictly necessary cookies) directly at any time by going to the Cookie Settings for respective Incyte website. Withdrawing your consent does not affect the legality of processing carried out previously. Your refusal or the withdrawal of your consent does not prevent you from using the websites.
You may prevent the use of all cookies (except for strictly necessary cookies) and delete them by changing your browser settings.
If you deactivate cookies, your user experience may be of lower quality. In particular, we cannot keep your preferences for audience measurement cookies for your subsequent visits to our websites. As a result, the next time you visit the website, the cookie banner will again appear.
You can further manage your privacy by reviewing your website browser's Cookie Settings.
5. How is my personal information protected?
6. How is my personal information transferred?
Your personal information may be transferred outside your country of residence into countries that do not guarantee the same level of data protection. In these cases, and where required, we use appropriate data transfer mechanisms as required by applicable personal information laws and regulations. For example, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area or United Kingdom, we will have standard contractual clauses and additional necessary measures in place to ensure the legality of such transfers.
In connection with the use of Google’s services, your data described above may be hosted on Google’s servers located in the United States.
Depending on your location, you may consult these mechanisms and guarantees by contacting us at the address provided below.
7. Who can I contact?
If you have any questions, need more information or wish to exercise your rights regarding your personal information, please contact Incyte’s Privacy Office at the address below:
Attention: Privacy Office
1801 Augustine Cut-off
Wilmington, Delaware 19803
United States of America